Sunday, February 5, 2017

Post Office Dramatic Play Center














 Here is my latest dramatic play center: The Post Office.  I like to put this one out in February because we practice letter writing by writing Valentine's letters.  I got all the images from teacherspayteachers.com.  I also got the postcard template from teacherspayteachers.  I made the post office uniform and bag by using iron on transfer paper.  It was really easy!  I just google searched the post office image and then printed it out on that paper, then ironed it onto the shirt, bag and hat.  I also love the little stamps because the kids get to design them.

I love this dramatic play center because it really gets the kids excited about writing!  They also learn how to address an envelope.  Last week we wrote Valentine's Day notes to the kids' parents.  The kids put them in envelopes and wrote their address on the front.  Then, before Valentine's Day we are going to walk to the post office to mail them and on the way back we are stopping to get hot chocolate and cinnamon rolls!  It will be really fun.  My school also does a mail system where the students can write letters and address them to different classrooms in the school.  They don't even realize their doing work when they are so excited to write letters to people!
Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment