Saturday, August 6, 2016

Writing Center









This is my writing center.  There is a rectangular table with chairs under the board for children to sit and write.  It shows examples of each type of writing, and then has paper for each type in the blue paper holder.  I sometimes give students a specific assignment, or sometimes let them choose what they want to do.  This is perfect for differentiation because strong writers can choose to write a story, poem or letter- requiring full sentences.  Beginning step or younger writers might choose to write a list- just requiring words.  I also always have seasonal/thematic words for them to look at, as well as a word wall.  I downloaded all images from teacherspayteachers.com.

My first day back at work was Friday.  I felt ok about going back to work.  I had been preparing my baby to go back to her Auntie/Babysitter for a few days.  She seemed fine and said she wanted to go.  When we got to my aunt's house, my baby made a sad face and her lip started to quiver.  I could tell she was trying to hold in her tears.  When we got inside, my baby completely lost it and would not stop crying!  I ended up just leaving because I knew she'd calm down once I was gone.  I don't know why, but this crushed me!  I knew my daughter would be fine and would stop crying when I left.  My Aunt even text me a smiling picture of her a few mixtures after I left.  But I still didn't feel any better.  When I got in the car, I called my husband crying.  When I got to work, our staff meeting was starting and I was still crying!! I finally got ahold of myself, but then during our 10 minute break, my friend asked me what was wrong.  I burst into tears again!! I'm so thankful for my schedule of having summers off, but it is so hard to leave your babies after spending 2 months straight with them.  It was even harder than coming back from maternity leave because now that she's almost 2, she knows what's going on.  When she was a little tiny baby, she didn't know any better.  So pretty much it was a horrible first day back.  I have really good friends at work who made me feel better though.  Hopefully Monday will be better.

Today our whole family went to the zoo!! I was so much fun.  My favorite are the elephants! We also saw the polar bears being fed.  I needed a fun day like this after my bad day yesterday!!

Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment